Davidson are a preferred supplier for the government sector and have strong partnerships within local, state and federal government. We have a number of upcoming opportunities within Queensland Government across key departments. We are looking for reliable and professional Senior Finance Officers who are available immediately.
About the role:
- Assist with the in-depth analysis and interpretation of proposed and finalised Australian accounting standards, and identification of practical implications, in particular the financial implications of the agreements and contracts the department has with third parties
- Contribute to ensuring the integrity of the department’s financial accounting records and systems, ensuring that they are maintained in accordance with accounting standards, auditing requirements, legislative and departmental requirements
- Assist with the timely end of accounting period closure processing, including reconciliations and accruals, to enable the timely development of the quarterly statements, Tridata reporting and financial reports to the Audit and Risk Management Committee
- Assist with and coordinate the provision of advice on taxation related issues for the department.
- Facilitate the department’s audit process and support the resolution of both internal and external audit issues raised as directed by management
- Provide advice to officers of all levels across the organisation by providing analysis on financial management and interpretation of regulatory requirements to aid departmental decision making.
- Support external and internal stakeholders on matters relating to financial management and systems, highlight issues, resolve problems and provide support for accounting processes.
- Prepare reports and correspondence and initiate action associated with financial, administrative and other matters as required by management
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Business or Accounting and membership of the ICAA, CPA or other equivalent organisations is highly desirable.
- Advanced user in MS Excel, Word & Outlook
- Experience in completing financial reporting requirements
- Government experience would be desirable but not essential
- Excellent time management and organisation skills, with a proven ability to set and work to priorities pro-actively.
- Dedicated recruitment consultant to guide you through the process
- Temporary Opportunity
- Flexible work hours and work arrangements
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com