For more information regarding the client, please contact me directly.
About the Role
We are seeking an Environmental Officer or Enviromental Health Officer to join the team based in central Sydney.
The primary purpose of the role is to undertake day to day tasks relating to the application of EPA legislative responsibilities in diverse regulatory area/s, and perform other regulatory activities, as determined by EPA operational priorities.
No direct reports and the role reports to the head of unit.
- Assist to develop, review and implement relevant aspects of the Branch’s, Section’s or Region’s Work Plan, work programs, policies and strategies.
- Contribute to the assessment of the efficiency and effectiveness of standards and guidelines in protecting human health and the environment and, provide advice to management on the adequacy, quality and appropriateness of relevant procedures.
- Assist to identify and recommend relevant action to address poor environment performance of industry, public sector agencies, landholders and general community to ensure the environment and human health is protected.
- Assist in the delivery of the EPA’s statutory responsibilities and diverse environment protection activities and approaches including response to emergency situations including after-hours response, and handle day-to-day complaints.
- Contribute to the conduct of investigations, including gathering evidence for potential legal or other regulatory or non-regulatory actions, to deliver effective compliance with EPA’s legislative responsibilities and appear in court as the EPA witness when required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Broad understanding of the policies, practices and statutory requirements that support the operations of the EPA.
- Experience working within Government.
- Central Sydney Location
- Hourly rate $43-$48 + super
- Work life balance with 7 hour days/35 hour week
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 03 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1905-95174. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com