Davidson has partnered exclusively with Abbot Point Operations to source exceptional candidates for the key role of Commercial Officer.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Commercial Officer will be responsible for the provision of a broad range of commercial and administrative support including contract administration, claims, schedule of rates, cost control and general administration related to the Abbot Point Coal Terminal.
- Compliance with all legal and statutory requirements, including Queensland Health & Safety, Environmental and Maritime Acts and Regulations
- Assistance with the formation of contract packages, including catalogue and umbrella agreements
- Management of the Contractor Management Plan, Contractor Performance Review and End of Contract Work Performance meetings
- Manage all contract variations and claims through to contracts close out
- Minimisation of risk in relation to contractor performance
- Review and updating of SAP procedures
- Undertaking specific project activities as required
Our mission at Abbot Point Operations is to Grow Local. As we continue to build our business we understand that our operation in the Whitsunday Region is not just about our physical assets, it is about our people and the local community we are part of.
To be considered for this genuine career opportunity, you will:
- Hold relevant business or commercial qualifications eg Certificate IV or equivalent
- Have proven, recent experience in a broad commercial and/or contracts administration role, preferably in a busy project or site office environment
- Have strong systems experience including Microsoft Office Suite and SAP
- Be a positive, enthusiastic and motivated individual with a strong focus on safety
- Have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and proven ability to work well within a team environment
- Be flexible, innovative, unflappable and ready to take on any challenge
Applications close: 12 May 2019
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-1904-95023. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com