The Role Operating from Business Strategy & Services within a reputable Government department, you will provide business focused human resource management advice and project support on a wide range of human resource and business issues.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- Provide quality advice and project support to management, staff and human resources support officers on a full range of human resource management functions including, establishment management, employee and industrial relations, performance management, recruitment and selection, leadership development, career entry programs, workforce planning and reporting, learning and development, workplace health and safety and other areas as identified.
- Implement and advise on HR strategies, policies and practices which support Resources Safety & Health and its operations.
- Prepare and consolidate state-wide reports, briefing notes and other correspondence in relation to a range of human resources issues.
- Contribute to and participate in a range of business activities including recruitment selection panels, business/workforce planning and team meetings.
- Contribute to the evaluation of human resources services and initiatives to ensure these are directed to supporting the Resource Safety and Health’s business outcomes.
- Maintain sound knowledge of contemporary human resource management practices to ensure currency of knowledge and skills and service outcomes for clients.
- Develop relationships and networks with Finance, managers, team leaders and staff.
- Ensure that financial implications are considered into HR business decisions for the division.
- Solutions Focused - Recommends resource allocation to meet service delivery imperatives.
- Technical Expertise - Demonstrates strong technical skills and knowledge and is able to impart knowledge and train others.
- Customer Focused - Takes personal responsibility for resolving problems and building relationships with customers.
- Stakeholder Management - Builds and sustains relationships with a network of key contacts.
- Communication - Produces reports and recommendations which are evidence based, clearly argued, concise and provide a sound basis for decision making.
Mandatory Requirements or Special Conditions
- While not mandatory, it would be preferable for the applicant to have experience with relevant QLD Government HR policies, procedures and systems.
- $59.95 per hour + Super
- Immediate Start
- Brisbane CBD location