The purpose of the role is to manage all incoming and outgoing correspondence for the department and assist with design, development and delivery of process improvements to ensure effective, cohesive and conforming delivery of correspondence activities. This role also provides high level administrative support to the Executive Director and Directors when required. A level of confidentiality commensurate with the role and responsibilities of the position is required.
- Coordinating the distribution of all incoming and outgoing correspondence for the branch by assigning, tracking, monitoring and responding to requests as required to ensure deadlines are met.
- Examining incoming correspondence, papers and reports to determine action and priorities and where appropriate prepare replies for consideration.
- Proof reading and formatting of outgoing correspondence to ensure accurate, timely and relevant information is provided.
- Experienced in managing high volumes of incoming and outgoing correspondence, including editing.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and use discretion in the absence of decision makers to establish work priorities and meet deadlines and advise on protocol.
- Demonstrated written communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with a wide range of clientele
- Demonstrated ability to provide correspondence support that requires the efficient use of departmental computer software applications, office tools and records management systems.
- Competitive salary (A04 - $45.09 per hour + Super)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Diverse work culture
- Career training and development
- 1-2 month contract initally