Davidson Recruitment are proud Public Sector partners. Our Government Specialist recruitment team looks after the recruitment across AO2 - AO8 administration, finance, policy, communications, program & project roles. We have a temporary Principal Financial Accountant position to start ASAP until end of August.
About the Role
- Contribute to the timely preparation of the department’s general and specific purpose financial statements in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards.
- Providing expert advice on asset accounting, recording and valuation policies, stocktake, procedures and systems which contribute to enhanced asset management and satisfy financial reporting requirements.
- Prepare financial reconciliations, raising journal entries and working papers and implementing appropriate policies, systems, procedures and practices to ensure the integrity of the department’s financial systems.
- Develop and implement financial and operational policies, procedures and practices which facilitate and support financial management within the department.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public sector financial management systems, policies, processes, practices and issues as well as knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards, principles and concepts, and the ability to apply this knowledge to the preparation of general and specific purpose financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyse, develop, implement, and evaluate complex financial issues, strategies, policies and initiatives, and develop options establishing a course of action.
- Highly developed ability to build and sustain effective networks and work within a team environment.
- Competitive hourly rate + superannuation
- CBD location
- Large State Government Department
- Start ASAP - pick up a contract before end of financial year
How to apply: Please submit your resume today in order to be considered.
Queries can be directed to Duy Le - email@example.com
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com