A great opportunity to work with a well-respected and forward thinking government department to provide expert advice relating to operational activities for gas regulation and activities.
You will be key in developing, contributing of guidelines and programs in order to achieve EPA priority and corporate goals
About the Role
- Provide expert policy advice and support services to EPA regional officers on a diverse range of issues related to the regulation of gas activities
- Make recommendations to inform negotiation or preparation of an EPA response on environmental assessments, pollution incidents, planning reforms, compliance and scientific reports.
- Develop or contribute to the development of operational policy, guidance and other tools for the regulation of gas activities in NSW with regard to social, economic and legislative considerations.
- Manage major projects involving the research, analysis and monitoring of gas regulation in NSW to identify emerging issues, conflicts or gaps in existing policy and make recommendations
- Work closely with other subject matter and policy experts to contribute to the development of coordinated EPA policy and the delivery of transparent, consistent and credible environmental regulation in NSW.
- Prepare high quality fit-for-purpose correspondence, briefings, reports and other written material as required to within agreed timeframes.
- Represent and clearly articulate EPA position at various forums, including, workshops and conferences with local councils, government agencies and the community
- Expert knowledge and appreciation of commercial and regulatory practices that impact the environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in business, public policy or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills and work prioritization
- Think and solve problems to research and analyse and provide strategic, informed advice
- Deliver results in high-pressure and with short timeframes
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Strong stakeholder management/ engagement experience
- Sydney CBD or Dubbo location
- ASAP Start
- 5 month contract
- $57 per hour + super
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Zoe Brown on 02 8093 0626, quoting ref no. JO-1904-94913. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com