One of Brisbane's leading educational institutions is looking for an experienced Accountant. This school prides itself on strong traditions and the drive to achieve academic excellence for all of their students.
With a convenient location and parking onsite this opportunity would be ideal for someone who is an experienced accountant looking to take the next step in their career.
About the Role
This role will see you responsible for the operational side of this organisation. Developing strong relationship you will be required to ensure the financial control across multiple business units.
On a daily basis you will be responsible for:
- Financial Statement preparation, budgeting and cash flow forecasting across multiple entities
- Preparation of board reporting, statutory and government returns across multiple entities
- Prepare and review reconciliations of all accounts across multiple entities
- Supervise the maintenance of the Fixed Asset Registers and monthly depreciation calculations and reconciliations
- Mentor a team of assistant accountants
- Step up and perform the Finance Manager duties in periods of absence.
To be considered for this sought after position you will be required to have relevant tertiary qualifications in Finance and/or Accounting, achieved CPA/CA qualification. Strong technical expertise coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with superior communication will ensure your success in this role. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience working within a medium size organisation with a complex reporting matrix.
- Make a difference in one of Queensland’s leading schools
- Work in an ever changing environment where no two days are the same
- An opportunity to develop and innovate in a rewarding role
- Work in a collaborative and challenging environment