- Attractive salary- $85k -$92k plus Super
- Work close to home- located in south east suburbs
- Flexible working
- Vibrant working environment
- Fantastic exposure to projects that will help shape the future of our great city
Our client is a high profile organisation based in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne, delivering a diverse range of services to a customer base of more than 100,000. They are renowned for providing excellent customer service but are striving to further enhance their performance in this area, currently exploring opportunities for greater efficiency and effectiveness across the organisation.
About the Role
You will be brought on board to develop visionary, practical and robust urban design policies, urban design analysis, contribute to preparation of urban context reports, urban design strategies, concept master plans and urban design frameworks.
you will be expected to provide effective expert advice on urban design proposals applying knowledge of best practice architecture and urban design and existing urban design principles.
You will represent the department and advocate at a senior level to improve the quality of design in the community.
Possessing a vast range of relevant skills, you will develop, manage and deliver urban design initiatives to enhance the future livability and image of municipality.
Key Responsibility areas
- Contribute to the planning and design of the organisation's Strategic Documents
- Design and deliver civic improvement projects
- Project Management
- Advocating for improved urban design outcomes
Passionate about customer service, your approach is infectious and has resulted in your past teams lifting standards and changing processes. Well regarded for your interpersonal skills, you thrive on stakeholder engagement and married with your strong influencing and communication skills has seen you successful in previous roles. You’re a natural team player, being able to quickly gain credibility with technical professionals and help bring diverse teams of people together in a cohesive unit.
In order to be successful in this role, you will meet the following criteria;
- Tertiary qualification in one or more of architecture, urban design or landscape architecture.
- A proficient level of experience working in a relevant field.
- Previous experience and knowledge of local government highly regarded.
- Customer service excellence.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products and other industry software applications such as AutoCAD, SketchUp Pro, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Project/Program Management skills, including contract and consultancy management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret the natural and built environment, and to conceive and develop imaginative, responsive and technically advanced urban design responses.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Paddy Courtney on 0426 896 442, quoting ref no. JO-1904-94794. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com