- Lead Operations at Australia’s Premier Stadium the MCG
- Venue Operations & Event Management Focus
- Executive Remuneration Package + Incentives
Reporting to the CEO and part of the MCC’s senior leadership team, the role has a strong leadership and people focus, including strengthening a strong department culture, known for its delivery and capability. The position works with a number of external stakeholders (hirers, promoters, AFL, AFL Clubs, AFL Venues, Cricket Australia, and Cricket Victoria) to ensure the delivery of safe and successful events at the ‘G. The ability to build and maintain positive and enduring relationships, based on trust and respect, with a range of internal and external stakeholders is key to the success of this position.
This role presents an outstanding opportunity to lead and manage the ‘operations and event delivery’ of the MCC and oversee the end to end, event day customer experience, ensuring all members and visitors to the MCG have a positive, safe and memorable customer experience.
This position has responsibility for the following functions:
- Security, Health and Safety and Precinct Operations
- Event Management and Customer Service Delivery
- Event Workforce Planning (including up to 1000 casual event staff)
- Ticketing Services
- Hospitality (food and beverage contract and suppliers)
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications (e.g. Business/Commerce/Event Management)
- Proven capability at a senior executive level, leading and managing a diverse portfolio that directly delivers on the event day customer experience
- Outstanding leadership capabilities, including the ability to build, develop and maintain a highly engaged and collaborative team
- Previous experience and understanding of all facets of event management and delivery, preferably on a large scale within a venue
- A sound understanding of security, health and safety and emergency management practices in crowded places (including familiarisation with AS4801)
- Prior exposure and experience dealing with Committees and Board/s
- High energy, enthusiasm and drive, inspiring others to achieve
- A demonstrated drive and genuine commitment to customer service and engagement
- Approachability, respect and a desire to work in an organisation with a strong sense of team
- Previous exposure to working with a large casual workforce (including a familiarity with the application of Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
- Exceptional relationship and stakeholder management capabilities
- A strong attention to detail including a clear commitment to quality and standards
- A natural passion to lead and drive continuous improvement in operational practices, systems and procedures
- Ability to ‘think on your feet’, coach and problem solve across all operational aspects of event day
If you would like to work at Australia’s favourite stadium and believe you have the skills and experience outlined above, please forward your expression of interest to Davidson Executive & Boards www.davidsonexecutive.com who are partnering with the MCC on this appointment process. For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Seamus Scanlon on (03) 9929 9589 or Jarrod McLauchlan on (03) 9929 9515.
All third party and direct applications to MCC will be forwarded to Davidson Executive & Board for consideration in this process.