|Posted||15 days ago|
A reputable Government Department are currently looking for an EA for an initial three month contract, with possibility of extension.
Principal responsibilities of this role
- Provide administrative support to one or more Directors within Information, Innovation & Recovery.
- Administrative support duties include: preparing written correspondence and reports, gathering information from various sources; coordinating timely response to workgroup actions and, organisation of meetings including room bookings, agenda preparation and minute taking.
- Manage your own workload including negotiating priorities with Directors and their reporting Managers.
- Use effective time management and prioritisation skills to maintain all aspects of the Directors’ diaries including appointment arrangements, reschedules and cancellations. Ensure preparation of relevant documentation and actions prior to each meeting/appointment.
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve administrative and office procedures and systems to ensure the provision of quality administrative support services.
Working relationships in this role
You will report to up to three Directors within Information, Innovation & Recovery.
How will you be assessed for this role?
Your merit will be assessed based on the following key capabilities:
- Technical/role specific – Experience working with the Microsoft Office365 suite of applications including SharePoint Online.
- Supports strategic direction - Understands and supports the organisation’s vision, mission and business objectives. Follows direction provided by supervisor. Recognises how own work contributes to the achievement of team and section goals.
- Achieves results - Sees tasks through to completion. Works within agreed priorities, works independently on routine tasks and accepts more challenging tasks. Maintains accurate records and files. Seeks feedback from supervisor to gauge satisfaction and seeks assistance when required.
- Supports productive working relationships - Actively listens to colleagues and clients. Shares information and contributes to team discussions. Works closely with team members to achieve results and operates as an effective team member.
- Displays personal drive and integrity - Works as directed to achieve work objectives, even in difficult circumstances. Remains positive and responds to pressure in a calm manner.
- Communicates with influence - Adapts communication style and approach to ensure they address the needs of different people or audiences. Listens carefully to others and checks to ensure their views have been understood. Checks own understanding of others’ comments.
- A03 role ($38.13 per hour + Super)
- Immediate Start
- CBD location
- Reputable Government Department