Davidson is delighted to be partnering with Goldwind, one of the world's leading wind power companies in their search for a Logistics Supervisor. In China Goldwind are the largest player in the wind industry and have a presence on six continents globally. By 2015, Goldwind was the world's number one wind turbine manufacturer by newly installed generation capacity. They are now in the process of recruiting a Logistics Supervisor for their Wind Farm close to Ballarat.
The Logistics Supervisor is accountable to the Installation & Logistic Manager for the supervision of Goldwind Australia’s project wind turbine Logistics. The purpose of the role is:
- Supervision of deliveries.
- Direct logistics and offloading contractors where to deliver.
- Guide and direct the contractors in following Australian HSE working requirements where needed.
- Visibly show and ensure compliance with the quality, environment, health and safety requirements of the projects.
- Be present at the site deliveries.
- Sign off on delivery documents and note any damages to components. Obtain and fill a copy.
- Report any None Conformance in the NCR system.
- Contractor not following procedures, poor quality of work, missing parts etc.
- Support the achievement of project objectives though;
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Motivate and align deliveries to ensure a smooth flow for the construction activities.
- Accurately report the status of activities.
- Status on delivery progress
- Check ahead that the next pad is as per specifications and report if not.
- Enhance Goldwind Australia’s reputation as a wind turbine supplier and wind farm constructor.
- Assist the Installation Project Manager in the improvement of systems and documentation to support the function;
- The scope of the role covers;
- Wind turbine components from receipt of components until handover to installation
- Operations in Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia
- Supervision skills and ability to relate to diverse stakeholder groups
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise accordingly;
- Good knowledge of construction site practices
- Ability to work effectively in an International / China cross cultural environment.
- Specific educational qualifications are required for the position, the following would be a minimum requirement:
- Tradesman skills
- Construction Card
- Experienced in MS Excel and Word documents
- App based reporting tool skilled
- Tracking project schedules for deliveries
- Recording and updating registers
- Construction knowledge of wind turbines. Wind turbine installation experience essential.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact George Hall on 07 3023 1054, quoting ref no. JO-1904-94605. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com