|Posted||16 days ago|
As the Senior ICT Technical Specialist (Networks) you will have responsibility for the following:
- The installation, design, maintenance and support of the ICT environment and systems through the application of a high level of knowledge and technical skills in a number of the following technologies:
- Juniper Security Appliances (SRX etc)
- Cisco Routing, Switching and Wireless (NX-OS, IOS, and IOS-XE)
- 3Com / H3C / HPE Switching and Wireless
- HPE / Aruba Switching and Wireless
- F5 Local Traffic Manager, Global Traffic Manager, and Application Security Manager
- HPE Intelligent Management Centre (Network Management System)
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Cisco Secure Access Control System (ACS)
- Provide a senior level of technical expertise to Department’s ICT systems specifically within the context of Networking
- Proactively monitoring critical ICT services including data centre networking, security and application delivery environments
- Undertake troubleshooting and problem solving activities where required .
- Develop and maintain standardised processes and procedures, and providing training and mentoring to peers in technical processes
- Diagnose and resolve wired and wireless LAN issues as well as minor cabling issues
- Undertake a leading role in a responsive and effective problem resolution service that will minimise disruptions to schools.
- Liaise with school representatives, and other teams within the department, in relation to new technology and solution deployments, and to monitor the effectiveness and benefits from operational lead initiatives
- Investigate and identify analytical and problem solving activities for the maintenance and support of a large and complex Windows network environment.
- Provide strong technical support capability, ensuring requests align with set standards and procedures, and meet agreed service levels, with the capability to develop and improve operating procedures where necessary. Provide appropriate information on incident reviews and statistical reports within the environment which can be consumed by team leaders, management, and other departmental staff.
- Contribute to the preparation of written and verbal advice, including briefing papers and technical documentation for the consideration of management and clients in relation to information technology services.
- Maintain a high level of quality in the performance of all duties, ensuring adherence to quality assurance expectations, policies and procedures, government and industry standards and best practices, proactively seeking improvements in the way in which work is undertaken.
- Act as an integral part of the departmental ICT operations teams, providing leadership, mentoring, and technical expertise to peers within operational teams, regional ICT teams, school representatives and other departmental staff, in relation to service delivery, technical processes and new technology development.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive professional relationships with colleagues and clients by providing technical expertise while operating collaboratively with peers or business representatives to meet expectations and deadlines.
- Focus on achieving objectives, even in difficult circumstances and remaining positive and responsive to pressure in a calm and controlled manner
- High level of skill in oral and written communication including collecting business requirements, participative decision making, negotiation and team leadership, across diverse internal and external stakeholders.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Pooja Deshmukh on 07 3023 1078, quoting ref no. JO-1904-94556. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com