Senior Engineer, Substation
This role works on the Sydney metro project.
This government organisation is well known in the infrastructure industry in regards to standards and diversity within the workforce. Forward thinking, innovative and rewarding passionate workers, being part of this team will present multi-disciplinary and exciting opportunities for both personal and professional development.
Your role will primarily focus on providing electrical design expertise in HV and DC traction systems, produce electrical designs and assisting with the production of complex multi discipline design projects. Additionally you will be:
- Maximise the safety and reliability of relevant electrical systems infrastructure throughout the asset lifecycle by providing best practice engineering advice.
- Contribute to the development of engineering standards, policies, procedures and instructions to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Develop and produce relevant electrical engineering designs and associated documentation, including contributing to complex multi discipline projects.
- Review and accept designs in accordance with the provisions of the client’s electrical engineering competency framework.
- Contribute to tender preparation for RFT submissions through technical advice.
- Provide engineering advice on HV protection systems
- Design HV AC & DC Protection concepts and assist in review of HV protection and control schematic.
To be successful in this role a tertiary qualification in electrical engineering in combination with 5 years’ experience in a power engineering environment is essential. You will have proven experience in producing control schematics, particularly in protection circuits, and detailed arrangement drawings. An in depth knowledge of traction power systems, electrical substations, distribution infrastructure and design of AC substations, DC tractions stations is highly advantageous.
This organisation actively works towards a flexible working environment and a dynamic workforce. We inspire and like to see people from all backgrounds to apply and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Not quite right? We also have opportunities available from mid-level up to director level. Whether your expertise lies in road, rail, transport, development, design, maintenance or asset management we have a selection of roles in both public and private sector available for you.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Liisa Olsson on 02 8093 0617, quoting ref no. JO-1904-94499. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com