Davidson are a preferred supplier for the government sector and have strong partnerships within local, state and federal government. We have a number of upcoming opportunities within Queensland Government across key departments. We are looking for reliable and professional market transaction officers who are available immediately.
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of QLD’s leading government departments for a temporary assignment working into the new financial year. This opportunity is best suited to a strong financial analyst exposure to local, federal or quasigovernment departments. This experience is essential as it will see you meeting expectations and picking up the internal processes quickly. This is based in Brisbane CBD with Monday to Friday hours and an occasional weekend later in the assignment.
- High volume data management into multiple internal systems
- Proactively monitor developments and initiatives impacting on financial governance compliance and administration
- Develop strategies for finance training and development and financial compliance accountabilities consistent with the organisational direction and departmental strategies.
- Develop and maintain sound relationships with key stakeholders and clients, both internal and external
- Month end reconciliations of general ledgers
- Ensure departmental standards are met in regards to legislation, government policies and the Australian Accounting Standards
- Assist with financial accounting audit
- Manage the financial aspects of the annual review of fees and charges.
- Review all policies and practices to identify improvement opportunities
- Accountable for ensuring that the department has a comprehensive framework which supports and facilitates compliance with the relevant financial legislation and standards.
- Exposure to risk and governance
- SAP experience
- CPA is highly regarded
- Possess a high level of attention to detail
- Strong and effective communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to think outside the box
- Strong understanding of accounting principals
- Temporary contract
- Attractive hourly rate $67.08 p/h
- Immediate start
- A dedicated Davidson consultant supporting you throughout the contract
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Lora-Ashleigh Hoppo on 07 3023 1042, quoting ref no. JO-1903-94480. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com