With excelent lifestyle amenities and a warm welcome found only in Rural Australia, our Client are seeking a Senior Strategic Planner to join their productive, energetic and happy workforce.
About the Role
The focus of the Strategic Planning team is to prepare and update the strategic planning framework, as well as responding to the metropolitan and district planning priorities. In addition to preparing key local land use studies and policies, the Strategic Planning team assesses a high volume of complex planning proposals, which reflect the current growth and change occurring within the area.
You will prepare written studies, plans and strategies whilst having the ability to communicate these to the general public. You will also have a strong knowledge and understanding of the legislative process within Local Government, and have the ability to relate this to strategic planning. With a strong capacity to see the bigger picture when relating to strategic land use matters, you will have the willingness to undertake community engagement activities including out of hours meetings and functions.
You will have...
- Degree in Town Planning (minimum 4 years) or equivalent, with eligibility for membership of the Planning Institute of Australia (PIA), and demonstrated ability to operate at a senior level
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and apply strategic planning knowledge to identify appropriate processes and techniques to solve challenging problems
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in, and effectively contribute to, a positive team environment
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including excellent written communication and presentation skills, and ability to effectively tailor communication on planning issues to different audiences
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and engage with a wide range of people – both internally and externally - to determine stakeholder issues and explain complex planning issues and concepts
- Proven Ability to manage a number of complex projects with multiple stakeholders simultaneously, on time, within budget, and in response to competing pressures.
Balance a an excellent lifestlye location with a productive, energetic and happy workplace.
To apply now, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion or to find out more information, please contact Lydia van Vliet on 02 8093 0618, quoting ref no. JO-1903-94459. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com