We have partnered with Fitzroy Australia Resources, a new force in the Queensland metallurgical coal mining industry with a portfolio of existing operations and a pipeline of growth projects. In their short history Fitzroy has successfully reinvigorated the operations at Carborough Downs underground mine, and breathed new life into the Broadlea open cut operation.
Fitzroy’s next exciting venture is the Greenfields underground longwall and bord and pillar coal mine - Ironbark No.1.
Fitzroy’s employees are engaged, connected to their business, proud of what they have achieved, have conviction in one another and their potential. Innovative thinking and decisive leadership are the hallmarks of this company. They deliver a challenging and rewarding environment and their success is built on the foundation of being a people business that mines coal.
We are now recruiting for the Technical Services Manager for the new Ironbark No. 1 mine.
About the Role
Reporting to the Ironbark No.1 General Manager, you will be responsible for the creation of a team and a mine plan that optimises the long term value of Queensland’s newest underground mine. You will set the strategic direction of the mine plan, build the Technical Services team and be key to the development of an engaged and committed culture.
The functions you will be accountable for include Mine Planning, Ventilation, Gas Drainage, Geology, Geotechnical and Survey. This is a rare opportunity for you to get it right from the very beginning to create an amazing legacy for others to follow.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Hiring high performance individuals and lead them to become an outstanding team,
- Lead all aspects of the mine planning and technical support,
- Improve safe production capacity and reduce cost through excellent mine planning, technical innovation and continuous improvement,
- Creating and maintaining an effective culture and excellent team member engagement,
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the senior leadership team,
- Ensure compliance with all legislation and government agencies approval requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to lead technically specialist teams to support operational performance.
- Outstanding analytical skills to pull multiple sources of data together to develop solutions and improvements before others may even be aware there is an issue.
- A strong operational focus with demonstrated history of creating pragmatic solutions that safely produce coal
- The ability to work with peers for the success of the operation and the business.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Survey, Geology or similar with extensive experience in underground coal mine planning
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-functional team members
- Strong computer skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Drive, energy, passion and enthusiasm and a genuine desire to deliver
This is a genuinely unique career opportunity, offering the successful candidate an opportunity to create a mine from the ground down, recruit, train and develop a team, and have a direct impact on the culture of an organisation moving forward.
Applications close Friday 5th April 2019. Do not miss this exciting and rare opportunity to join a people business that mines coal.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-1903-94370. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com