Our exclusive client is a global mining advisory business that delivers premium solutions across operational and technical areas to their clients across the globe.
They are now seeking an experienced and tenacious Senior Mining Engineer with open pit metals experience to join them on a permanent capacity, in their Sydney CBD office.
Reporting to the Head of Metals, this is an exciting opportunity to collaborate with RPM’s local and global teams of experts on projects ranging from operating practices, mine design, mine planning, economics and mining methodologies.
This is a permanent role, based in their Sydney office, with some domestic travel required.
About the role
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implement and contribute to mining engineering projects to deliver operational and technical excellence.
- Running Pit/Stope Optimisations and using systems to validate parameters used.
- Producing practical detailed pit mine designs.
- Producing first principle mining cost modelling.
- Delivering auditable economic modelling.
- Equipment selection.
- Technical report writing for various studies.
- Provide expert advice with respect to mining engineering procedures and practices.
- Work with the on-site technical and operations teams to improve and optimise reserve estimation, mine planning and scheduling, geotechnical analysis, mining method selection, mine infrastructure project design and cost efficiency improvements.
- Capacity and sufficient local contacts to source work for yourself and the team.
- Ensure that the operations and projects meet all safety and environmental regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Capacity and sufficient local contacts to identify and source work for yourself and the team.
- Management and leadership of technical and/or operational teams.
- Technical report writing and presentations.
- Operational Delivery – introducing actions that optimise short and long term operational performance; demonstrating the direct connection between target setting and value creation.
- Collaboration – leveraging the broader organisation for value creation through sharing knowledge, experience, resources and skills.
- Managing Change - initiating and implementing change with commitment and drive by actively engaging others in the vision and purpose of the change.
Qualifications and business competencies required for this role are:
- Degree qualification in mining engineering and/ or a degree or similar in financial or business management.
- Software: Whittle, Ventsim, MSO, Surpac and or Vulcan and or Datamine, MS Office
- Extensive periods at multiple mine sites in technical and production roles with specific responsibility for planning and operation of mining engineering functions.
- Demonstrate a track record of career progression and success as a professional Mining Engineer to a senior level in the mining industry, possessing 10+ years of professional mining engineering experience;
- Technical understanding of surface operating practices, mine design, mine planning, economics and mining methodologies;
- Leadership of technical and technology teams to deliver productive and cost efficient results for consulting projects; and
- Report writing and presentation generation.
- Demonstration of professional and ethical conduct.
- Team player with a collaborative approach.
Work for the market leader across mine planning solutions globally
- Competitive salary including bonus structure
- CBD location with some domestic travel as required
- Global and local career progression opportunities
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Lizzi Byrne on 07 3023 1080, quoting ref no. JO-1903-94116. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com