Founded in Urumqi, China, Goldwind is one of the world's leading wind power companies. The largest player in the wind industry in China, Goldwind has a presence on six continents globally. In 2015, Goldwind was the world's number one wind turbine manufacturer by newly installed generation capacity. They are now in the process of recruiting an Installation Supervisor to join one of the largest Wind Farm projects in the Southern Hemisphere.
The Installation Supervisor is accountable to the Site Team Leader for the supervision of Goldwind Australia’s project wind turbine installation. The purpose of the role is to:
- Supervise the sub-contractor’s installation of the wind turbines.
- Guide and supervise the contractors in following Australian HSE working requirements where needed.
- Visibly show and ensure compliance with the quality, environment, health and safety requirements of the projects.
- Be present at the work site from start to finish.
- Collect factory acceptance test documents from the WTG’s.
- Report any None Conformance in the NCR system.
- Contractor not following procedures, poor quality of work, missing parts etc.
- Support the achievement of project objectives though;
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Motivate and align work groups to achieve the project objective.
- Supervise installation.
- Accurately report the status
- Qualifications in an electrical or mechanical trade.
- Knowledge of cranes and lifting operations (Rigger).
- OEM training in erection of wind turbines.
- Qualification in the following areas would be an advantage.
- Certificate in OH&S.
- EH&S and quality systems.
- Lead and Supervise teams.