Environmental health officer
This local council is one of the fastest growing council in Australia. They are well known for their significant development areas, currently serving a population just above 80,000 people this is expected to triple in the next 15 years. Being part of this team will present exciting opportunities for both personal and professional development.
Your role will primarily focus on protecting and enhancing the environmental systems in the council area, and the health of its local community residents. Additional responsibilities include:
- Investigate and resolve assigned complaints
- Attend pollution incidents and provide pollution control advice
- Implement and manage environmental monitoring and reporting programs
- Liaise with other local council, state government organisations and community groups as needed.
- Representing council in legal proceedings
- Carry our inspections and regulate the following premises:
- food premises (including stalls and mobile vendors)
- Skin penetration and hairdressers
- Public swimming pools
- Mortuaries, and more.
To be successful in this role you will need to show proven experience in or to an Australian local government agency in a similar role in combination with great negotiation and problem resolving skills.
This organisation actively works towards a flexible working environment and a dynamic workforce. We inspire and like to see people from all backgrounds to apply and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Not quite right? We also have opportunities available from mid-level up to director level. Whether your expertise lies in road, rail, transport, development, design, maintenance or asset management we have a selection of roles in both public and private sector available for you.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Liisa Olsson on 02 8093 0617, quoting ref no. JO-1903-94201. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com