My client is a established government department and is currently embarking on a digital transformation program incorporating improved client facing services, process automation and information digitisation & analytics. In order to facilitate this journey, they are looking to expand the Business Analysis practice with a knowledgeable and experienced Lead Business Analyst.
This role sits within DT who provides strategy, development, support and operations of information services utilised by business. This is achieved through multi-disciplined teams focused on Service Delivery and Service Operations.
About the Role
This objective of this role is to help accomplish the business's strategic goals and objectives, and help to define the capabilities required to enable the transformational change journey.
The successful delivery of this objective includes the ability to analyse and synthesise information provided by stakeholders, elicit the business requirements specification, performing gap analysis, business process models,
The lead business analyst (BA) will act as an intermediary between the business and the technical community, working with project teams and business members within the business. They will also take on the leadership of product delivery managing tasks and activities to deliver products.
The key responsibilities will include:
As a Lead BA and Delivery professional, you will play a crucial part in this journey by delivering across various avenues of our business. A strong strategic planning and lateral thinker, we seek your capabilities and experience in defining expert business objectives and scope of business initiatives. This role will provide thought leadership, leadership and visionary abilities to shapes business demand for fit-for-purpose solution. The key responsibilities include:
- Partners with business and technology partners to elicit, analyse, translate, and document business requirements to delivery customer services
- Enable the business to deliver an end to end customer experience that is customer centric and competitive
- Analyses, create documents and business process flows and specifications as required
- Leads delivery of products in conjunction with cross functional delivery teams and other service teams across the organisation.
- Support commercially sustainable service provision achieving value for money for customers whilst maintaining a high quality, inclusive and customer focused service
- Contribute to the design and implementation of standards and frameworks for Business Process Modelling (BPMn)
- Perform business impact and business options analysis are required
- Collaborate with the business to baseline the current process and design future state process
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Promote architectural standards and consistency
- Engage delivery teams to communicate solution vision and priorities
- Proactively monitor industry, functional, and technology trends to guide business partners on emerging opportunities
- Assess the risks of solution options and develop plans to mitigate them
- Support enterprise digital strategy and organisational change management
- Provide consultative support and advice on change projects as required
- Coach Mentor other business analysts in the team
- Forecast future domain needs and facilitate the creation of solutions to meet those needs
- Identify new technologies that could support the domain area
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Knowledge of business strategy, process mapping and user experience improvement
- Ability to align solution delivery plans with business strategy and objectives
- Experience in documenting and implementing complex heterogeneous solution
- Proficiency in needs analysis
- Able to understand business functionality and translate it into fit-for-purpose requirements
- Ability to create compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project inter dependencies
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
- Ability to work in teams and ability to lead the tasks and activities by themselves.
- Ability to lead small, agile, cross functional teams within a product line delivery model.
- Excellent understanding of Managing Business Benefits
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- In depth understanding of various software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
- Understanding of modeling techniques, such as BPMN, UML etc.
- Understanding of Portfolio, Program, Project Management Maturity Model (P3M3)
- Understanding of Project Management Methodology, i.e Prince2, PMP etc.
- Lateral thinker with analytical problem solving skills, conflict management and stakeholder management skills
- ASAP start
- 6 Month contract (highly likely to extend)
- CBD location
- Market rates
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Elliot Price Tripcony on 07 3023 1031, quoting ref no. JO-1903-94184. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com