As the ICT Network Specialist you will have responsibility for the following:
The installation, maintenance and support of the client's ICT environment and systems through the application of a high level of knowledge and technical skills in a number of the following technologies:
This role is based in Rockhampton
- Cisco switching, routing and wireless infrastructure
- HP Switches and Wireless Controllers
- Network monitoring and management systems
- Understand of network diagnostic tools (eg Sniffers) to resolve issues
- Diagnose and resolve wired and wireless LAN issues as well as minor cabling issues
- Undertake a leading role in a responsive and effective problem resolution service that will minimise disruptions to schools.
- Liaise with school representatives, and other teams within the department, in relation to new technology and solution deployments, and to monitor the effectiveness and benefits from operational lead initiatives
- Investigate and identify analytical and problem solving activities for the maintenance and support of a large and complex Windows network environment.
- Provide strong technical support capability, ensuring requests align with set standards and procedures, and meet agreed service levels, with the capability to develop and improve operating procedures where necessary.
- Provide appropriate information on incident reviews and statistical reports within the environment which can be consumed by team leaders, management, and other departmental staff.
- Contribute to the preparation of written and verbal advice, including briefing papers and technical documentation for the consideration of management and clients in relation to information technology services.
- Maintain a high level of quality in the performance of all duties, ensuring adherence to quality assurance expectations, policies and procedures, government and industry standards and best practices, proactively seeking improvements in the way in which work is undertaken.
- Act as an integral part of the departmental ICT operations teams, providing leadership, mentoring, and technical expertise to peers within operational teams, regional ICT teams, school representatives and other departmental staff, in relation to service delivery, technical processes and new technology development.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx).