Are you an experienced EA looking for your next Government opportunity?
Are you available to commence immediately?
A reputable Government department is looking to hire an EA for an immediate start.
We’ll assess your merit for this role by looking at what you’ve done previously – the knowledge, skills and experience you’ve built, your potential for development, and your personal qualities. You will possess a high level of discretion and tact and ensure confidentiality is always maintained. We’ll consider how well you can:
- establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external clients in order to meet expectations and improve products and services (customer focus)
- seize opportunities and respond to challenges in a busy administrative environment characterised by change (action oriented)
- analyse, interpret and solve difficult problems, engaging team and management input to produce accurate and timely solutions (problem solving)
- use time effectively and efficiently by focusing on the achievement of important priorities in a project environment (time management)
- manage administrative records, utilise information retrieval systems and perform quality control processes at a high level of accomplishment (functional/technical skills).
Your contribution: using your excellent interpersonal and communication skills, high attention to detail, expertise in MS Office and strong professional work ethic you will:
- maintain effective time management practices for the Executive Director, including coordinating diary appointments, associated meeting papers, and prioritising correspondence
- provide high level, confidential executive support to the Executive Director and the unit’s secretariat, including receiving visitors, planning and arranging meetings, hospitality, and reviewing and distributing meeting papers
- deliver high level customer service by maintaining effective and efficient liaison between enior officers of the department, clients and stakeholders
- manage correspondence flow through using the department’s correspondence tracking system to ensure all documents, approvals, deadlines and quality standards are met
- maintain accurate records by adhering to departmental record keeping policies and procedures, and ensuring alignment with various templates, procedures and standards
- assist with financial and procurement requirements by purchasing goods and services, and booking travel in accordance with financial management practices
- contributing as a team member towards the delivery of the program, providing other project support as requested by senior officers
- model best practice work practices, values and behaviours.
- CBD location
- $45.09 per hour
- Immediate start
- 4 week contract, with possibility of extension