This company takes great pride in providing world class utilities services to a population of more than 1.4 million in South East Queensland. Come and join an organisation that is focused on growing a constructive and innovative culture and supporting you to make a positive difference in their customers' lives.
About the Role
One of Queensland leading utilities businesses is seeking an experienced Project Lead to assist with their HR Payroll Transition project.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead the successful delivery of their HR Payroll Transition Project, within resource, schedule, quality and budgetary constraints.
The HR Payroll Transition Project Lead will manage virtual project teams made up of dedicated project resources, resources from internal HR and Payroll business teams, and external vendors/managed service partners in project planning, procurement, delivery and deployment.
Key activities include:
- Management of project scope, schedule, identification and escalation of risks and issues, and quality against both internal and external (vendor) deliverables.
- Working collaboratively with other HR and Payroll projects to coordinate planning and execution of key activities across both the business led and Information Systems (IS) led delivery environments.
- Monitor, mitigate and escalate to the HRIS Program Board any risks or issues from the business led projects that may impact the HRIS Project.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Work with the organisations Procurement team to plan procurement activities.
- Prepare a range of procurement documentation.
- Manage procurement processes to ensure they are in alignment with the organisations procurement policies.
- Support the organisations Procurement teams with contract negotiations.
- Monitor vendor performance against agreements.
- Work with the relevant internal and external stakeholders to develop and maintain the HR Payroll Transition Project Plan (Ms Project).
- Work closely with the relevant internal and external stakeholders to manage allocation and execution of tasks in the project plan.
- Weekly tracking of tasks with stakeholders and statusing with sponsors and key stakeholders to ensure tasks progressing as planned.
- Input issues, risks dependencies to project register and assist with mitigations accordingly.
- Escalations to project sponsors where tasks are at risk.
- Maintain the relevant business and vendor documentation to ensure configuration of all required system and process changes; Statements of Work, Configuration Guides, Change Requests, Estimates and other project related documents.
- Maintain project scope & decisions registers.
- Participate in the development, review and implementation of Program Management governance framework, policies, procedures and standards.
- Stakeholder engagement with members, including both internal and external project sponsors and stakeholders, as and when appropriate.
- Convene & facilitate and document all relevant HR Payroll business project meetings including vendor workshops.
- Maintain and circulate weekly HR payroll business project schedule and status updates.
- Attend other HR and Payroll project team meetings as required.
- Prepare and present papers/presentation necessary to HR Payroll Transition Project sponsors.
- Contribute to papers/presentations necessary to HRIS Program Board as required.
To be successful in this role you will have the below skills and abilities:
- Exceptional high level project management skills and proven ability to manage the end to end delivery of complex ICT projects.
- Proven organisational skills and proven ability to manage competing priorities, work collaboratively across programs, and experience in project scoping, engagement, monitoring tracking and reporting.
- Highly developed research, analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to gather and compile information, develop reports and make educated decisions and/or recommendations to the appropriate governance bodies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill including presentations to staff and stakeholders across all levels of the organisation, using negotiation, advocacy and interpersonal skills to successfully develop and manage stakeholder relationships.
- Highly developed and commercially based estimating, business case development and contract establishment skills.
- Skills aligned to training, education and mentoring of project teams and individuals in areas including governance, agile methodologies, processes and reporting
The role requires the following knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrated experience leading HR and/or Payroll related projects.
- Strong understanding of the risks and controls required in HR and Payroll related processes and projects.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful delivery of complex, high risk enterprise wide impact, ICT projects to agreed timeframes, budget and standards.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the project processes, project life-cycle and relationship between phases, planning and control procedures, resource management, risk management, advanced schedule management, procurement management, communications management, quality management, budgeting and financial management, scope definition and management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-functional teams, which includes working directly with lead business representatives, other project managers, industry service providers and project owners often on highly sensitive and confidential matter.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in the successful management of procurement processes such as RFI, RFP etc.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of external vendors and/or service providers in order to deliver the project outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in differing types of System Delivery Life Cycles, eg Waterfall, Iterative, Agile etc. and choose the most appropriate for the projects under their control.
- Demonstrated experience in differing types of project management methodologies, eg Prince2, PMBoK, etc.
- Formal Project Management accreditation - PRINCE2, AIPM or PMI certification is highly desirable.
- Attractive daily rate
- CBD Fringe
- ASAP start
- 6 + Mth contract
- Great team environement
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx).