A picturesque municipality located a short 20 minutes from the Melbourne CBD. Work for an excellent council where you will enjoy stunning views of the city skyline, relax on the beautiful beaches and take in all of the wonderful heritage buildings along the way.
This progressive council is boasting a record capital works program with a budget of over $40,000,000 going towards roads, cycle lanes, open space improvements, buildings and sporting facilities.
They are continually investing in the upgrade and creation of new facilities and buildings to service their diverse community. They require a Senior Project Manager to join the council and assist the Strategic Projects Department to create better spaces for the community.
About the Role
This inner city council to the west of Melbourne is seeking an energetic, collaborative and engaging Senior Project Manager with relevant qualifications and experience to deliver major projects across various disciplines, scope and size. As a Senior Project Manager within the Strategic Projects Department, you will be responsible for leading and co-ordinating the delivery of assigned major projects from the planning to hand-over phases.
There are a number of major community infrastructure and sport & recreation facilities, to be project managed in an effective and efficient manner to achieve defined corporate objectives.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will lead and promote collaborative stakeholder engagement and communication to ensure positive project outcomes and a good understanding of community infrastructure operational requirements. Demonstrated experience and application of innovation and efficiencies within capital works program planning and delivery is preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualifications in project management, engineering or design disciplines, architecture, construction, quantity surveying, building surveying or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex budgets with contributions from a range of funding sources with different reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience within project management, design, construction and contractor management, across a range of complex projects of various disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a range of complex, multiple and concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated experience in contract administration, specifically experience in the implementation of Australia Standards Contracts.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Attractive band 7 salary
- Rostered days off
- Fun and friendly working environment
- The opportunity to work on some really exciting projects
- Fixed term full time role- 5 year contract
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume with a cover letter expressing your interest in the role and why you feel you are applicable. (In Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Paddy Courtney on 03 9929 9537, quoting ref no. JO-1903-93959. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com