The successful applicant will be working on new applications such as housing additions and alterations, approx 10 at a time. Due to the short nature of the contract, the successful applicant will not be working on any large projects that would take longer than the 6 month period.
The main purpose of this role is the assessment of applications. This must be done in time with sometimes short time frames dependent on the development and the issue. Applications may include but not be limited to residential, housing additions and alterations. Systems used are TRIM and Trapeze.
A high performing team with the vacancies are due to some resignations due to retirement. Currently within the team there are 24 planners, 4 engineers, 5 landscape architects and 2 heritage planners.
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree in Town Planning or equivalent, preferably with eligibility for membership to the Planning Institute of Australia
- 3-5 years experience (have worked within Government in the past 5 years)
- An understanding of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, Local Government Act and other relevant acts
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with management and staff at all levels of the organisation and with external
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues with customers both internal and external in an amicable fashion and in accordance with Council’s policies and staff delegations.
- Excellent time management
A highly competitive hourly rate - up to $120 including super an hour, potential to apply for the permanent role and a work life balance.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 03 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1902-93800. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com