|Posted||18 days ago|
• To manage, support, develop and coordinate statewide systems with particular emphasis on ongoing enterprise database system management and development, analysis and reporting of complex statistical data.
• The position is also responsible for the design, development, publishing, maintenance and review of the internet website.
Your key responsibilities
• Fulfil the accountabilities of this position in accordance with core values, as outlined above.
• Manage the statewide electronic data, including maintain, develop, modify, implement and evaluate, reporting and analysis initiatives which contribute to initiatives and deliverables.
• Manage the production of business activity profiles, standard reports and ad hoc requests employing modern technology and analytical tools in line with organisational requirements.
• Initiate and perform the analysis, definition, testing and implementation of changes to the current state-wide information system environment to ensure operational effectiveness is maintained and developed.
• Actively participate in the development of any replacement electronic systems from conceptual stages to acceptance testing and rollout across the state including user training.
• Develop and maintain the internet/intranet site according to the publishing policy and standards of the Queensland Health Electronic Publishing Service.
• Communicate and maintain high professional standards with internal and external stakeholders such as network and system users, management, clinicians and information management staff, associated external parties and others in order to achieve delivery of a quality information management service.
• Develop and encourage the concept of quality management
• Establish and maintain high professional practices and develop effective relationships with all client groups through liaison and consultation to achieve effective business solutions
Comply with and utilise contemporary human resource management requirements and practices, including workplace health and safety, equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination policies.
Commit to patient safety and quality in the delivery of health care by actively participating in safety and quality practices.
Are you the right person for the job?
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following key attributes. Within the context of the responsibilities described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
Key Attributes/Workplace Behaviours
Key Attribute/Behaviour 1
Demonstrated high level of analytical knowledge and practical skills relevant to contemporary software applications including relational databases, report writing interface software, word processing, spreadsheets, and information system project management skills.
Key Attribute/Behaviour 2
Demonstrated competence in the preparation and timely completion of reports, data for submissions and statistical information of a substantial nature.
Key Attribute/Behaviour 3
Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a web site in accordance with Queensland Health Electronic Publishing policy and standards.
Key Attribute/Behaviour 4
Sound communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability in consultation, training, negotiation and liaison with management, staff and external service providers and agencies.
- A05 ($52.25 per hour)
- Cannon Hill location
- Immediate Start