To deliver a program of work comprising ICT-enabled projects using contemporary project management methodologies, industry knowledge and best practice approaches to ensure projects effectively deliver business-centric outcomes.
Lead and manage the rollout of PIaaS project involving ICT governance, prioritization and strategic ICT roadmaps to achieve organisational goals.
Develop, promote and maintain an effective model of tiered IT support services, recommending governance arrangements where appropriate including contractors and external providers, in order to deliver departmental business outcomes.
Maintain a high-level of knowledge of the department’s current and planned business strategies, objectives and policies as well as the government’s service delivery strategies to allow informed consideration of potential ICT opportunities.
Support business areas in the identification, development and review of proposed ICT-related projects and provide feedback in a positive, collaborative approach.
Undertake organisation-wide analyses of ICT dependencies to identify potential risks and impacts from the introduction, enhancement and/or replacement of ICT systems.
Oversee the schedule, implementation and development of approved ICT-related projects, implement appropriate mitigation strategies to overcome obstacles, and provide leadership to staff and contractors, including the provision of performance feedback, to encourage a team approach for the achievement of organisational goals within set timeframes.
Communicate with influence when delivering presentations to Program and Project Boards, providing strategic and technical advice and business cases to inform investment decisions and identify project proposals that optimise and transform digital corporate services valued by customers.
Coordinate comprehensive briefing papers, reports and other documentation relating to Queensland Government requirements including relevant project health checks.
Ensure project management deliverables including documentation for assigned projects use appropriate project management methodologies, e.g. PRINCE2.
How you will be assessed
The ideal applicant for this role will be someone who can demonstrate the following key attributes as they apply to the key responsibilities of the role.
- Proven experience in delivering ICT projects, using contemporary project management methodologies (PRINCE2, and/or AGILE methodology), within agreed cost, timeframes and budgets.
- Experience in effectively leading teams and managing staff to deliver ICT-related project solutions and services.
- Experience in the delivery and implementation of Printing and Imaging As A Service for an organisation consisting of multiple regional sites.
- High level of problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills as they relate to the delivery and management of ICT projects.
- High level of skills in oral and written communication, including presenting business cases.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 07 3023 1069, quoting ref no. JO-1902-93726. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com