Davidson is delighted to be partnering with Goldwind, one of the world's leading wind power companies in their search for a Site Manager. In China Goldwind are the largest player in the wind industry and have a presence on six continents globally. By 2015, Goldwind was the world's number one wind turbine manufacturer by newly installed generation capacity. They are now in the process of recruiting a Site Manager for their Wind Farm, based close to Ballarat and Ballan.
The Role Overview
The Site Manager is accountable for the execution of the operation and maintenance to assets installed at the Wind Farm. The operation and maintenance will be conducted to the installed Wind Turbine Generators and some particular Balance of Plant equipment. The Site Manager may also be required to undertake operation and maintenance to other installed Goldwind Australia wind farms located throughout.
The Role Activities
- Supervise a team of Service Technicians.
- Ensure all site personnel adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Plan, schedule and execute wind turbine scheduled and, unscheduled services.
- Plan, schedule and ensure electrical operating is maintained.
- Maintain staffing requirements.
- Forecast staffing requirements.
- Manage subcontractors tasks.
- Identify any risks to executing plan or performance standards and report to Service Manager.
- Forecast, monito and maintain on-site inventory levels.
- Ensure wind farm maintenance records are maintained appropriately.
- Understand customer needs and maintain high customer satisfaction.
- Achieve targeted wind farm reporting obligations.
- Continually develop improvements and efficiencies of work tasks.
- Ensure service technician timesheets are approved and provided to Service Manager in a timely manner.
- Manage on-side SCADA system.
- Ensure Work Health Safety & Environment (WHSE) is strictly maintained to required standards and in line with company policies.
- This position requires the following experience and qualifications:
- A class Electrician license or Mechanical fitters licence; and current drivers licence is essential.
- Experienced Supervisor (or leading hand) managing teams within a large maintenance organisation – preferably based on site.
- Previous experience working on large industrial Electrical assets either in a construction, commissioning or maintenance environment.
- Working within a troubleshooting environment; and Previous direct customer liaison.
- A continual focus on WHSE behaviours.
- Enthusiasm and belief within the industry.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to work through issues and source solutions; and an ability to work at heights.
- This position may require travel when undertaking service and maintenance to other Goldwind Australia wind farms or whenever attending to off- site training courses .