Davidson have currently partnered with a global Independent Power Producer headquartered in Sydney. They are known for operating Utility Scale Solar Plants within the NEM and have substantial backing through a global conglomerate. With a strong growth target in Australia they are developing their own sites as well as looking at acquisitions of projects at multiple stages of the project life-cycle.
About the Role
Due to the buoyant Australian Renewable Energy Market and a significant opportunities across Eastern Australia they are seeking to bring on board a Senior Development Manager. Reporting directly into the Head of Development you will be responsible for developing RE projects from concept through to completion and have significant input into developing the business strategy.
- Early stage site identification and analysis
- Liaising with landowners to secure project land
- Liaising with consultants to obtain necessary development approvals
- Engaging with NSP’s and external consultants to prepare connection enquiries, power flow studies, generator performance standards in order to connect to the grid
- Managing consultants through the due diligence process
In order to be successful for this role you will be a self-starter who is actively involved in the renewable energy industry. It is paramount that you are confident in managing multiple projects concurrently and have excellent stakeholder management skills, as well as broad knowledge of the current challenges developing utility scale projects and how to overcome them.
- Relevant tertiary degree qualification
- In depth knowledge of Development Application processes and planning guidelines in various States
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven skills in project development/ management
- Ability to manage external consultants
- Working knowledge of project economics
The opportunity to have a positive impact on the Australian energy transition as well as help develop business strategy for a global company.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Stephen Overty on 07 3023 1074, quoting ref no. JO-1902-93627. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com