My client is an international gold miner with operating assets across the globe, as well as exploration opportunities in Australasia and the Americas.
We are now sourcing for an experienced Underground Project Manager for one of the New Zealand operations to oversee the planning, design, construction and delivery of an operationally ready underground mine.
About the Role
This unique career opportunity will be offered on an initial fixed term contract and will be residential in New Zealand.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Leadership of direct team and contractor workforce
- Implementation of best practice safety and mining standards
- Identification and selection of underground mining methods
- Infrastructure selection and installation
- Contract scoping, selection and award
- Development of a rapid development schedule
To be considered for this opportunity, you will have
- A relevant, recognised mining engineering degree, and substantial practical experience in your field
- Formal project management qualifications will be highly regarded
- Strong, recent senior leadership role in an underground, narrow vein mining operation
- Development, start-up and commissioning experience, as well as strong operational experience is essential .
- Exceptional high energy, passion, drive, resilience and flexibility
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and ability and desire to work collaboratively
This is an exceptional career opportunity with a global miner. Offered on an initial fixed term contract, exceptional performance in this role will lead to other opportunities across the globe.
An attractive salary and benefits package will be offered to an outstanding candidate
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-1902-93550. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com