Your role will be to provide high level policy advise to support the managment of copyright functions of external stakeholders working with department.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Negotiates on behalf of stakeholders with Copyright Collecting Societies
- Provide policy advice on complex legislative proposals from the Commonwealth Government on developments in copyright and their effect on school practice.
- Provide high level policy advice through representation at state and national forums, membership of inter-departmental and other high level committees to ensure copyright compliance and to progress copyright reform.
- Respond to copyright and other relevant law reform inquiries
- Develop and maintain strong strategic relationships with external stakeholders across Australia to provide them with policy advice, identify their copyright needs and enhance their understanding of copyright legislation and compliance.
- Develop strategies for managing the copyright licence fee costs at a national level while at the same time providing appropriate access to materials which meet required national outcomes.
- Prepare quality evidence-based written reports and correspondence which effectively communicate findings, recommend positions and identify areas for improvement to the Senior Executives.
- Minium of 2 years experience as a Policy Advisory within the government sector previously
- Proven recent experience in Intellectual Propertyand/ or Copyright at either the undergraduate or post graduate level
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Zoe Brown on 02 8093 0626, quoting ref no. JO-1902-93554. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com