Reporting to the ED of Digital and Technology, an exciting opportunity now exists to join an established government department. As a key member of the Programs group, you will work closely with the Project Managers, PMO, Solutions Architect and Business Analyst to be responsible for planning and delivering a full digital transformation to enhance the departments CS offering through, process automation, information digitalisation and analytics. Superior skills in stakeholder engagement and management will be vital to ensuring your success in this position.
The role is best suited to someone with a strong background in both digital transformation program and project management, with extensive experience managing external suppliers and vendors and who is excited by the opportunity to work within a transforming department.
This is a 2-year contract opportunity to be based at in Brisbane’s CBD. Some travel between offices may be required.
The key responsibilities will include:
- To plan program activities including formation of sub projects that encompass both IT and business change activities.
- To lead cross-functional team and foster excellence, drives passion for business change
- To effectively manage stakeholders, conflicts and issues management and resolution
- Keeping senior management & stakeholders informed with accurate and timely information.
- To establish and manage all aspects of the program, from inception to program closure.
- To establish effective and workable program governance and assurance structure enabling, successful delivery of program outcomes.
- To enable and manage the realisation of business benefits
- To ensures that the scope of the projects within the program align with business priorities to design and deliver coherent capabilities across the organisation
- To effectively manage program budget, variance and scope changes.
- To effectively address any Program risk and issue management matters as needed
- To influence and address any resourcing issues as needed
- To set performance expectations for project delivery, yielding consistent results both internally and with suppliers
- To support and coach project managers within the program
- Ability to build and lead integrated teams across internal and external organisations and sites
- Adept at helping team members harness and develop strengths in pursuit of successful program outcomes
- Ability to promote innovative ideas and accept the risks that are required to lead change
- Ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives with a minimal amount of supervision
- Ability to make decisions independently and to assume higher-level leadership responsibilities in critical situations
- Proven problem-solving, decision-making, and financial skills
- Effective consultative and influencing approach across all tiers of the organisation
- Proven ability to enact change quickly
- Demonstrated high degree of Program and Project Management skills
- A strong business acumen that enables focused discussion and quick resolution to business problems as they arise.
- Proven record of transitioning from a state of ambiguity to a defined structure using a collaborative approach in an immature change environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
- Appropriate knowledge of the regulatory and quality requirements for the industry
- Experience in managing large program budgets
- Effective business-development skills, including proposal development and preparation
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and success managing in Programs and Projects that include engagement of procurement and legal services
- Demonstrate a blend of commercial and business acumen, IT program, project and solutions delivery know-how, governance and IT solutions experience
- Highly skilled in the use and application of Program and Project Management tools, techniques and methodologies (e.g. MSP, Agile, Prince2, PMP)
- Demonstrates strong experience managing internal, external and hybrid teams
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 07 3023 1069, quoting ref no. JO-1902-93560. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com