- Provide secretariat and management support for aerospace and defence industries governance bodies involving internal and external stakeholders including industry, the research sector and government agencies, to deliver results in line with the 10-Year Roadmaps and Action Plans for Aerospace and Defence Industries, and the government’s policy commitments and agenda.
- Prepare complex, well researched and thorough documents including briefs, board papers, correspondence and submissions.
- Research, analyse and help report on current and emerging industry development data and information relating to aerospace and defence industries.
- Provide assistance and direction to stakeholders regarding defence and aerospace initiatives.
- Represent the department at meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide strategic policy advice and develop policy relating to aerospace and defence industries
- Supports strategic direction
- Understands the work environment and contributes to the development of plans, strategies and team goals. Undertakes analysis and draws accurate conclusions based on evidence.
- Communicates with influence
- Confidently presents messages in a clear, concise manner and structures written and oral communication to ensure clarity.
- Achieves results
- Works within agreed priorities and commits to achieving quality outcomes and adheres to documentation procedures that achieve outcomes for the business unit. Contributes own expertise to achieve outcomes or the business unit.
- Supports productive working relationships
- Builds and sustains positive relationships with team members and clients. Is responsive to changes in client needs and expectations.
- Displays personal drive and integrity
- Provides accurate advice on issues and focuses on achieving objectives even in difficult circumstances.
- Work with a reputable Government Department
- Contract through until EOFY (with possibility of extension)
- $59.95 per hour + Super
* Candidates must have experience in providing strategic policy advice and develop policy
* Government experience is preferred but not necessary
- Immediate Start