|Location||Sydney C B D|
|Posted||9 days ago|
An excellent opportunity has arisen to working with a well-known a large forward thinking government department based in Sydney CBD for a 12 month contract.
About the Role
This position is responsible for coordinating the delivery of individual capital works projects and programs as directed and applying best practice project management principals to ensure expectations and timeframes are met.
You will be accountable for:
- Develop and coordinate educational accommodation schedules, project brief, project plan and risk management plans for individual major and minor capital works projects and programs
- Liaising with the Asset Planners in the development of all requirements on capital works proposals and participate in the evaluation of tenders and the selection of providers.
- Implement, monitor and update systems to ensure that time and cost targets for projects are established and timeframes and project budgets are met
- Ensure Work Health Safety compliance on all DEC capital works projects and programs.
- Actively manage in partnership with clients, service providers, consultants and suppliers all phases of capital works projects from inception to completion
- Identify and effectively manage emerging risks that might impede the successful achievement of projects outcome.
- Manage the procurement of construction project managers, design teams and building contractors and monitoring the acquisition of furniture and equipment for individual projects and programs.
- Direct and work closely with multi-disciplinary project teams as required on individual projects.
- Participate in staff development activities with Asset Management personnel.
- Ensure probity processes relating to the issues concerning procurement, contracting arrangements and outcomes are in place, undertaken and reviewed. This includes managing and reporting on the payment of consultants and contractors in accordance with legislation and contracts.
- Degree in Construction, Engineering or Project Management.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully project managing construction projects to a value of more than $20m in a commercial environment.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal Education policies.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a similar role
- Current WWCC and police check
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Zoe Brown on 02 8093 0626, quoting ref no. JO-1902-93504. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com