Do you want to make your next career move into a leading inner city council? Work within a striving municipality, home to a diverse community of almost 100,000 people.
We are looking for an experienced, consumer- focused Senior Transport and Traffic Engineer who will bring an energetic, expert approach to our clients needs.
You will be required to resolve known traffic and road safety issues in a timely and professional manner. The ideal candidate will possess great communication skills, a creative mind and lots of enthusiasm to help the transport team provide great facilities for sustainable transport modes such as cycling, walking and public transport.
About the Role
You will be expected to:
- Provide specialist advice to management, councilors and staff across the organisation on complex and politically sensitive transport and place making issues
- Lead and oversee the strategic planning of Local Area Place Making Studies
- Provide expert advice and support in the implementation of policy and procedures to improve the safety and accessibility of the local pedestrian, cyclist and transport network and enhance the local amenities
- Coordinate and manage consultants, meetings and any public consultation relating to the conduct of the Local Area Place Making Studies
- Exploit all funding opportunities available including Federal Government, State Government and Statutory Authorities
Ideally you will be a degree qualified engineering professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, an eye for detail and a passion for problem-solving.
To be relevant for this role you will be expected to possess:
- A proven ability to persuade, convince or negotiate from a range of people, including other staff, residents, community groups, statutory and government personnel in the achievements of specific and set objectives
- A demonstrated ability to manage challenging situations and people in a calm and rational manner
- A proven ability to write professional technical reports and provide clear recommendations
- A relevant degree with previous experience in traffic and transport planning and place making
- The ability to manage the workload of multiple projects
You will receive the opportunity to work for an outstanding government organisation on their new and on-going exciting projects, whilst enhancing your skills to gain stability in your career.
This is a 12 month contract role with potential to extend.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Patrick Courtney on 03 9929 9500, quoting ref no. JO-1902-93468. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com
If you are actively looking to make a change in your career and feel that this role isn't quite right, please don't hesitate to get in touch.