Davidson in partnership with Goldwind Australia are looking to find an experienced professional to work as the Site Civil Engineer to oversee the end to end construction of Goldwind Australia's Wind Farm project during the construction phase near the town of Ballarat in Victoria.
About the Company
Headquartered out of China where the business was founded almost 30 years ago, Goldwind are internationally recognised as the leading wind turbine manufacturer in the world and is now expanding globally. This includes Goldwind Australia's activities in Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific, Indonesia and other countries from time to time. The internationalisation of Goldwind is a key business objective. Goldwind use PMDD technology which is more efficient and has a lower operation and maintenance cost in comparison to its competitors, this has seen Goldwind take a market share in the manufacturing and installation of wind turbines around the world.
About the Project
The Minister for Planning approved the construction and operation of the 107 wind turbine Moorabool Wind farm in 2016. The wind farm is broadly split into two sites; the Bungeeltap in the North (50 wind turbines) and Ballark in the south (57 wind turbines). The project is expected to produce approximately 900,000 megawatt hours of renewable electricity each year. This will power approximately 183,000 average Victorian homes, enough renewable electricity to supply 9% of average homes in Victoria.
About the Role
Reporting to the Site Construction Manager, the Site Civil Engineer is responsible for coordinating and overseeing all the civil and structural work activities at the site including the management of assigned subcontractors. During the pre-construction phase the role will be based in Goldwind's Melbourne office and then on-site once construction begins.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Monitor the implementation of the civil and structural works at the site including all health, safety and environmental management obligations and systems
- Ensure civil constructors comply with all project requirements
- Ensure permits and licenses are retained and planning conditions observed;
- Ensure that project documentation is compliant with standards and specifications.
- Assist the Site Construction Manager in managing the various project interfaces.
- Liaise with the Environmental Compliance Officer in relation to compliance of the site works with the CEMP.
- Qualifications: Tertiary qualifications in Engineering discipline (civil).
- Owners engineer or principal contractor experience will be well regarded.
- Experience in Design and Construction of civil infrastructure on greenfield or brownfield sites.
- Solid civil/structural engineering technical knowledge coupled with demonstrated implementation experience.
The role requires:
- Uncompromising focus on safety
- Proven leadership abilities with strong focus on team-building and stakeholder management
- Decision maker
- Ability to manage technical and commercial issues;
- Attention to detail with high degree of accuracy;
- Understanding of contracts, schedules, documentation management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and interfaces and prioritise accordingly;
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact George Hall on 07 3023 1054, quoting ref no. JO-1901-93000. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com