This government organisation is under new management and one of the biggest government organisations in NSW. Providing a fast paced and delivery focused environment this role provides autonomy and ownership over your work, being part of this team will present exciting opportunities for both personal and professional development.
About the Role
The key responsibility for this role is coordinating the delivery of individual capital works projects/programs whilst applying best practice project management principals so that time, cost, quality, safety and regulatory compliance and corporate and stakeholders' expectations are met.
Day to day duties include:
- Develop and coordinate accommodation schedules, project brief, project plan and risk management plans for individual major and minor capital works projects and programs.
- Including liaising with the Asset Planners in the development of all requirements on capital works proposals and participate in the evaluation of tenders and the selection of providers.
- Implement, monitor and update systems to ensure that time and cost targets for projects are established and time frames and project budgets are met and to ensure Work Health Safety compliance on all DEC capital works projects and programs.
- Actively manage in partnership with clients, service providers, consultants and suppliers all phases of capital works projects from inception to completion, including the identification and effective management of emerging risks that might impede the successful achievement of projects outcome. This includes overseeing and monitoring time, cost and quality of projects from inception to handover.
- Manage the procurement of construction project managers, design teams and building contractors and monitoring the acquisition of furniture and equipment.
- Direct and work closely with multi-disciplinary project teams as required on individual projects.
- Ensure the correct statutory planning approval path is identified and undertaken for individual projects and programs including consultation with local Councils and relevant consent authorities.
- Participate in staff development activities with Asset Management personnel.
- Ensure probity processes relating to the issues concerning procurement, contracting arrangements and outcomes are in place, undertaken and reviewed.
To be successful in this role, 5 years proven experience working successfully project managing construction projects to a value of more than $20m in a commercial environment is required.
We are also looking for someone with:
- Degree in Construction, Engineering or Project Management.
The hourly rate for this role is $55 + super.
This organisation actively works towards a flexible working environment and a dynamic workforce. We inspire and like to see people from all backgrounds to apply and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Not quite right? We also have opportunities available from mid-level up to director level. Whether your expertise lies in road, rail, transport, development, design, maintenance or asset management we have a selection of roles in both public and private sector available for you.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1902-93339. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com