This government organisation is under new management and one of the biggest government organisations in NSW. Providing a fast paced and delivery focused environment this role provides autonomy and ownership over your work, being part of this team will present exciting opportunities for both personal and professional development.
About the Role
Reporting to the Quality Manager who then reports to the Director of Capital Works, the key purpose of this role is to ensure that the site works on the construction sites comply with the construction contract. This contract includes compliance with the Standards of Building Code of Australia, Specifications, Australian Standards and the Department's Educational Facilities Standards and Guidelines.
Additional accountabilities include:
- Oversee a number of projects assigned to you of a value of $10m and above
- Inspecting the construction works, taking photos of the works and providing a weekly report on the construction works
- Ensure that the project manager is checking hold points, witness points and that ITPs are being completed at times corresponding with the programs as well as ensuring that the works are being presented to a high standard of quality
- Check that all the works comply with the approved for construction drawings and construction documentation
- Review all contract quality documentation, inspection and test plans, as built drawings, checklists, material records and delivery dockets
- Discuss any safety or environmental concerns with the project manager.
- Hold a duty of care to ensure the site is safe and environmentally compliant.
- Assist in Managing the Commissioning of the Buildings.
To be successful in this role proven experience working on property construction projects valued a minimum of $10m is essential, in combination with experience in managing quality control in construction, reading and interpreting drawings, specifications, and any Australian standards as applicable.
It would also be desirable to have:
- Qualification in Clerk of Works, Cert 4 in Construction Management, or equivalent.
- 15-20 years plus experience supervising quality of works on construction sites.
- Systems required – Microsoft Suite office.
This role will pay up to $900 + super per day, depending on experience.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1902-93334. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com