Wollondilly Shire Council is one of the fastest growing Shires in NSW. Located on the south western outskirts of Sydney, it is only 12km’s from Western Sydney’s Badgery’s Creek Airport and a stone’s throw away from Sydney’s CBD, the beaches of the South Coast and the mountains of both the Southern Highlands and the Blue Mountains. Surrounded by such spectacular natural beauty and rural pastures, by 2031 the region is expected to grow by an additional 325,850 people. This provides the Wollondilly Shire with huge growth opportunities, particularly with plans for the development of Wilton Precinct.
About the Role
The Senior Planner Developer Contribution position will manage development contribution matters and provide support to other sections of Council as required.
You will play a key part in shaping the future of Wollondilly by planning adequate infrastructure such as parks, libraries and public places for this growth area.
You will be asked to negotiate with State Government and Developers in order to acheive this.
The successful applicants responsibilities include:
- Complying with the Local Government Act, 1993 (NSW), Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and other relevant environmental Acts and legislation.
- Voluntrary Planning Agreements.
- Report writing, number crunching and registration processes.
- Dealing with development contribution matters in accordance with the requirements of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and other legislation.
- Providing development contributions support to other sections of Council as required.
- Develop and maintain a personal image and corporate perspective which embodies quality service with responsiveness to Council’s customers and staff to achieve quality outcomes, efficiency, economy and ethical purpose.
It is essential the successful applicant has:
- Tertiary qualifications in Town Planning, Asset Management, Civil or Structural Engineering, Financial Management or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of planning processes and legislation applicable to strategic planning and infrastructure delivery, particularly in relation to the management of Development Contributions Plans, Planning Agreements and Works in Kind Agreements.
- Ability and assess political situations and respect the political role of the Elected Members.
- Ability and willingness to undertake community engagement activities including out of hours meetings and functions.
- Class C Drivers Licence.
An attractive remuneration package.
A beautiful lifestyle location.
Wollondilly Shire is set for a period of sustained growth of which the Senior Planner - Developer Contributions will play a key role. Be part of its success.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1901-93271. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com