I am delighted to be working with an inner metro council in the search for a driven Sustainable Design Advisor. This is a five month contract role at a Band 7 level with a competitive hourly rate. This council offers generous flexibility and is happy to offer part-time hours if needed.
About the Role
You will be surrounded/supported by an experienced team of seven suatainability experts, working on Australia’s largest urban renewal project. You will be providing technical advice on sustainable building design, planning and construction including relevant policies and regulation, rating tools, sustainable design strategies and technologies.
You will endevour to:
- Improve the sustainability of private buildings within the district through the application of Environmentally Sustainable Design (ESD) principles and policy during the statutory planning process.
- Improve the sustainability of Council's buildings through the delivery of Council's Sustainable Design Strategy (Section 5 Council Buildings).
- Develop and maintain relationships with other councils and Victorian Government partners to improve sustainability outcomes in local and state planning policy, procedures and guidelines.
- 5 years minimum relevant experience in planning, environment, sustainability, urban design.
- Knowledge of the statutory planning process and planning scheme at a Local Government level.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Play an integral role in the largest Urban Renewal project in Australia.
- Six month assignment with flexible working hours and a possibility for extension.
- Very attractive hourly rate.
- Great inner Melbourne location, easily accessible via public transport
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Paddy Courtney on 0426 896 442 or Patrick.Courtney@Davidsonwp.com, quoting ref no. JO-1901-93077. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com