In the role of Project Support Officer (Contract Finance) you will provide support to various projects within the Fare Revenue and Contracts Finance Team. Projects include Wage Parity project (payment modification), Interim Payment Solution Enhancement Project, Permanent Payment System (PACMAN) Project and Regional 4G Contract implementation and payment solution project. Support will include development, establishment and testing for the above projects as well as general operational team supplementation to backfill SMEs as they engage in the projects.
The Contracts finance team is responsible for timely and accurate monthly contract payments, exceeding $760m per annum along with financial management support for the Passenger Transport and Contracts team and the Service Delivery and Infrastructure team. The team also provides financial support to the School Transport Assistance program (approx. $165 pa).
· Engage in various projects providing development, testing, implementation and reconciliation as required;
· Manage the additional work resulting from an complex Excel based Interim Payment System (IPS) including reconciliation, issue clarification and rectification;
· Oversee and prepare complex contract payment workings ensuring supporting calculations and payment processes meet the contract conditions and generally accepted accounting practices;
· Proactively manage and analyse revenue and operational service payments for Regional Queensland Urban Bus and Ferry contracts and provide high level advisory and financial support services across a large portfolio of public transport contracts.
· Develop, implement, review and proactively monitor financial internal controls for contract payments in conjunction with the Manager (Contracts Finance) to ensure compliance with financial, reporting and legislative standards.
· Provide monthly reporting analysis and advice on financial performance to assist decision-making, and proactively develop and maintain appropriate reporting systems, policies, procedures and guidelines to facilitate effective performance, financial and resource management.
· Provide operational performance management activities by monitoring and analysing data from relevant information systems in relation to budget, financial position and forecasts.
· Respond to requests for information by appropriately gathering and sourcing information for interpretation and analysis (including variance analysis), providing advice, recommendations and reports.
This role reports to the Manager (Contracts Finance) and has no direct reports.
- Bachelor of accounting or equivalent
- CPA, ICAA or CIMA
Competencies and behaviours required for the role:
- Acts proactively - You are able to decide on a course of action to achieve objectives and work flexibly without supervision. You can also effectively manage new and unexpected events and demonstrate good judgement about when to escalate issues.
- Responds flexibly to change - You embrace and assist change, help to engage others in the change process and show resilience in times of uncertainty.
- Seeks continuous improvement - You show a willingness to try new ways of working and generate and share creative ideas and suggestions for improvement.
- Manages internal and external relationships - You model open communication, attentively listen to others and demonstrate a friendly and engaging interpersonal style. Your written and verbal communication is clear and concise. You are also able to build networks with peers and work collaboratively with others.
- Displays rigour in analysis - You rigorously research and analyse information relevant to tasks. You can also show judgement in decision making.
- Immediate Start
- 12 Month contract
- $52.25 per hour
- Repuatable Governemtn Department