About the Organisation
The ACT Health Directorate is responsible for the stewardship of the health system in the ACT. ACT Health provides a strong policy and population health capability based on a foundation of world-leading health and medical research.
The Policy, Partnerships and Programs Branch leads and coordinates all strategic policy and stakeholder engagement activities for ACT Health. Working across the organisation, the Division facilitates optimal outcomes for ACT Health and our government partners.
About the Role
Reporting to the Deputy Director-General, Health Systems Policy and Research, the Executive Group Manager, Policy, Partnerships and Programs will:
- Deliver policy design, development, implementation and evaluation across the ACT Health System.
- Significantly contribute to whole of ACT Government and inter-governmental policy initiatives.
- Represent the ACT at National forums to drive policy and program initiatives.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships at the practitioner level and across government and non-government sectors.
- Work in partnership with key stakeholders in the ACT including relationship management with clients, community sector organisations and oversight authorities.
- Provide outstanding leadership, communicate professionally and work with flexibility, efficiency and diplomacy both individually and as part of a complex team/community effort.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have:
- Previous executive experience in leading and driving reform, developing and implementing high level strategy and evidence of achievement in that context.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in best-practice and contemporary management.
- Detailed understanding of leadership, financial risk management, strategic direction-setting and the challenges facing modern healthcare service delivery.
- High level management experience and a sound understanding of the public sector.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver strategic and operational policy in regulatory environments, preferably related to healthcare.
- Demonstrated professionalism and probity with a disposition to proactive risk management.
- Experience in shaping and guiding strategic financial decisions in line with organisational objectives.
- Well-developed leadership qualities, including the ability to inspire and motivate others to achieve corporate goals, identify and develop the potential in others, and assess and address future workforce and capability requirements.
- High level critical thinking, inspiring a sense of purpose and direction, thinking broadly and developing solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, listening and communicating with influence, creating partnerships and co-operation and improving outcomes.
- Political sensitivity and astuteness, engaging effectively across government and building and maintaining key relationships.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience within a large healthcare setting.