The ACT Health Directorate is responsible for the stewardship of the health system in the ACT. ACT Health provides a strong policy and population health capability based on a foundation of world-leading health and medical research.
The Preventive and Population Health Division enables transformational change in terms of the demand on health services, and to controlling health costs to governments and taxpayers in both the short and long term.
About the Role
Reporting to the Deputy Director-General, Health Systems Policy and Research, the Executive Group Manager, Preventive and Population Health will:
- Deliver public health policy design, development, implementation and evaluation across the ACT Health system.
- Significantly contribute to whole of ACT Government and inter-governmental policy and initiatives.
- Drive the government’s activity in population and preventive health, increasing community engagement and leading policy at a national level.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships at the practitioner level and across government and non-government sectors.
- Work in partnership with key stakeholders in the ACT including relationship management with clients, community sector organisations and working with oversight authorities.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have:
- Demonstrated executive level experience in leading and driving reform, developing and implementing high level strategy and evidence of achievement in that context.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in best-practice and contemporary management.
- Detailed understanding of leadership, financial risk management, strategic direction-setting and the challenges facing modern healthcare service delivery.
- Outstanding leadership, communicate professionally and work with flexibility, efficiency and diplomacy both individually and as part of a complex team/community effort.
- High level management experience and a sound understanding of the public sector.
- The ability to develop and deliver strategic and operational policy in regulatory environments, preferably related to healthcare.
- Demonstrated professionalism and probity with a disposition to proactive risk management.
- Well-developed leadership qualities, including the ability to inspire and motivate others to achieve corporate goals, identify and develop the potential in others, and assess and address future workforce and capability requirements.
- High level critical thinking, inspiring a sense of purpose and direction, thinking broadly and developing solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, listening and communicating with influence, creating partnerships and co-operation and improving outcomes.
- Political sensitivity and astuteness, engaging effectively across government and building and maintaining key relationships.
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications, preferably in population health of epidemiology
To apply online, please click on the link below and submit your resume and cover letter as one document in Word format. For a confidential discussion please contact Marcus Engeman or David (Will) Wilson on 07 3023 1000, quoting ref no. JO-1812-92690