- Make a Difference - Be Part of the Positive Change at Darebin
- Conceptualise, plan, design and deliver Council’s extensive capital works program
- Lead business continuity and implement strategies that protect Council’s assets
As a progressive leader in sustainability and social justice, the new Council has set an inspiring vision to ensure quality of life for current and future generations -responding to the climate emergency, growing inequality and unprecedented growth.
To deliver that vision, the CEO has established a contemporary organisational structure that will enhance innovation and collaboration, strengthen Darebin’s reputation and enable deeper engagement with a community passionate about preserving what they love most about their city.
This is a rare opportunity to join a modern leadership team who will lead a positive, community-oriented organisation which is future focused and delivers excellent service.
Reporting to the General Manager Operations and Capital, the Manager Assets and Capital Delivery has responsibility for:
- Leading the development and implementation of an innovative, integrated approach to the delivery of all of Councils extensive capital works, asset management and construction programs;
- Embedding enterprise wide, best practice systems to ensure long term planning, financial management, design, procurement and asset and project management, business continuity and municipal emergency planning;
- Ensure Council’s facilities are maintained to meet service needs.
- Building sustainable practices and outcomes into all aspects of Councils operations and construction programs.
To be considered for this role, Darebin are seeking a strategic and inspirational leader who has verified technical capabilities in Asset Management and Capital Delivery. You will demonstrate proven ability to lead across an organisation in an innovative and future focused manner which contributes to positive organisational change and cultural transformation. You will emanate a strong community focus and demonstrate proven ability to engage effectively with people and to build sustainable relationships across a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. You will be politically astute and demonstrate a strong commitment to local government with a sound understanding of the statutory and legislative requirements of the roles of Council, Councillors and the administration. Furthermore you will emit exemplary financial and strategic management skills and outstanding people management skills with the ability to motivate and enhance the performance and culture of your team. Tertiary qualifications in the disciplines of engineering, project management or equivalent are expected.
The City of Darebin maintains an inclusive and flexible workplace that embraces diversity of backgrounds and differences to realise the potential of its employees.
To apply for this exciting new Manager role, please upload your CV or for a confidential discussion please feel free to contact Melanie Pecanek on (03) 9929 9587. To receive a copy of the PD, please email Paris Plompen at email@example.com.