Our client is a small SEQ-based consortium responsible for delivering a key community rail project for its community.
About the Role
Reporting to the CEO, the Director will manage the procurement and delivery of a rail project. The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Leading and managing the Delivery team through the procurement and delivery phase
- Managing the appointed Design & Construction contractor to ensure high quality delivery outcomes
- Identifying and resolving D&C issues between the D&C contractor and key stakeholders to ensure project requirements are achieved
- Providing technical advice on matters related to civil works, rail systems, environmental approval and land issues during the procurement and delivery phase
- Monitoring the D&C Contractor to ensure QA processes meet project requirements
- Managing interfaces and integration between the D&C Contractor and other stakeholders
To be considered for this opportunity you will possess:
- Extensive experience leading a multidisciplinary team to successfully deliver a large rail infrastructure project.
- An inherent ability to navigate complex, ambiguous and political environments.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging and managing stakeholder relationships, and a passion for improving community connectivity and passenger journeys.
- A contemporary leadership style with proven ability in building a cohesive and high performing team.
- A comprehensive understanding of program management and project management principles.
- It is desirable for you to have recognised tertiary qualifications from related discipline fields such as Civil Engineering or Project Management.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter as one document in Word format quoting ref no. JO-1811-92241. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact David Wilson or Sarah Medcalf on 07 3023 1000.