The Solution Architect will report into the Lead Solution Architect and will be required to develop high level solution designs for the recommendations from the Review and to transform these into technical requirements or work packages to enable the concept to be executed into the solution.
This role will partner with Project Managers and Delivery Leads to ensure effective delivery of technology solutions, and will be a crucial link between the business and IT ensuring that solutions are designed to meet business/user requirements whilst also aligning to the overall IT strategy, architecture and security frameworks.
The successful candidate will have experience in the following technology domains:
- Experience with Azure hybrid cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) based applications and services, accompanied by a understanding of Azure best practices
- Experience with service based system integration patterns supported by API management processes
- Demonstrated ability in driving an effective solution covering all layers of solution architecture including application, technology, information and role based security architectures
- Information sharing between Queensland Government agencies – ensuring secure access to and exchange or information in order to support business processes, decision making and reporting requirements
- Digital service delivery – providing an optimised digital experience successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Outstanding communication skills, with an ability to effectively consult and negotiate with stakeholders (internal and external) and build positive relationships
- Ability to prioritise, schedule and perform work to meet deadlines, commitments and work within a team environment and with ambiguity
- 5+ years demonstrated previous experience with solutions architecture, business and systems requirements, and technical design and analysis in a complex technical environment
- Experience with cloud technologies and service oriented solutions, in a multi-sourced operating environment successful candidate will work as part of a team to ensure proper implementation of the selected technology solution and to ensure these are linked to the needs of the organisation.
- Develop and maintain business, information and technical architectures and designs for the Project in accordance with best practice and that comply with appropriate whole of government standards and policies.
- Perform architectural reviews of requirements, implementation strategies and solution architecture specifications for the project to ensure that solutions are consistent with ICT Strategy, Queensland Government ICT Strategy, relevant architectural standards, principles and roadmaps.
- Translate business needs for ICT systems into coherent and effective technical options to deliver detailed design specifications aligned with business requirements.
- Contribute to and deliver ICT change management artefacts to ensure risks are mitigated and the solutions are supportable.
- Partner with key stakeholders and external suppliers/vendors developing strategic working relationships to ensure solutions are aligned to ICT Strategy, Queensland Government ICT Strategy, relevant architectural standards, principles and roadmaps, the technical environment and information management business requirements.
- Contribute to cost estimates for solution architectures and designs to inform concept proposals and project budgets.
- Contribute in the development of project plans, including the identification of project risks, issues and mitigation strategies impacting solution architecture.
- Contribute in the project planning activities, including the identification and delivery of solution architecture artefacts and ensuring resource requirements are fit for purpose and will meet project milestones and quality expectations.
- Develop and maintain the conceptual, logical and physical models to ensure alignment to the enterprise standards
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx) quoting ref no. JO-1901-92972. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com