The Project is responsible for the delivery of a number of enabling technologies to support Staff in the delivery of services across the state. T
Key Responsibilities – Duties – Skills set
Below are some of the expected behaviours:
- Develop and execute maintainable test cases and regression test suites from analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications. Record results and summary of test outcomes using agreed methods and standards, supported by a good understanding of the system development cycle.
- Conduct regression and integration testing and facilitate acceptance testing.
- Provide timely, strategic and expert advice to management in relation to system testing issues and impacts on other functionalities and applications.
- Maintain and develop required documentation, including test cases, regression test suites, test processes and procedures.
- Manage and monitor the progress of allocated testing tasks and deliverables and advise / escalate issues.
As a Senior Test Analyst you will:
- Complete system, integration and regression testing and associated activities such as defect logging, prioritisation and management, within established frameworks, strategies, standards, methodologies and policies;
- Collaborate with other teams and external stakeholders as required to undertake timely preparation for testing, issue and defect resolution to enable test execution deadlines to be met to ensure timely release of functionality for the benefit of project.
- Contribute to test planning including preparation, report development and effort estimation.
- Monitor and evaluate testing progress, risks and issues and assist with reporting on these items appropriately to key stakeholders including governance bodies;
- Contribute to project work and improvement analysis and advice to management on testing, application and associated issues and initiatives including risk and issue identification;
- Liaise, consult and negotiate effectively with team members, other project teams, stakeholders and client groups to develop and maintain effective working relationships and the integrity of the overall integrated solution; and
- Contribute to effective, client focussed teamwork by developing an understanding of the roles and duties of team members within the team and across the project, and working collaboratively to achieve outcomes with a commitment to quality and customer service.
About the person
Suitability for this role will be assessed on the basis of experience, skills and achievements in the following core capabilities as they apply to the key accountabilities of the role:
- Technical – Have broad technical knowledge and experience working with applications that are built on current web, client/server technologies and MS SQL Server database environments.
- Experience in testing rich client applications in an n-tiered environment connecting to web services, utilising testing tools such as Microsoft DevOps (formerly TFS).
- Supports strategic direction – Understands the work environment and contributes to the development of plans, strategies and team goals. Draws on information from diverse sources and uses experience to analyse what information is important and how it should be used.
- Achieves results – Maintains focus on quality to achieve outcomes. Monitors projects against plans, manages priorities and is responsive to changes in requirements. Commits to achieving quality outcomes and adheres to documentation procedures.
- Supports productive working relationships – Builds and sustains positive internal and external relationships and is responsive to client and stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Displays personal drive and integrity – Persists with and focus on achieving objectives, even in difficult circumstances, remains positive and responds to pressure in a calm manner.
- Communicates with influence – Discuss issues credibly and thoughtfully and approach negotiations with a clear understanding of the issues, expectations and desired outcomes.
- Experience preparing datasets for testing purposes, executing test cases and recording accurate test results.
- Experience working with a testing and requirements repository (e.g. DevOps (formerly known as VSTS/TFS, HP Quality Center, JIRA, etc.)
- Experience in documenting test cases, defects and associated reporting.
- Collaborative work style to work across multiple projects in a large test team.
- Minimum 5 years of manual testing experience
- Experience in testing web based applications and web content management systems on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 SOE desktops and mobile devices
- Experience working in SharePoint Online based systems
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Coordinating testing efforts for user acceptance testing
- Experience in presenting issues, testing objectives and requirements in a clear, concise and articulate manner, focusing on key points and using appropriate unambiguous language
- Have strong people skills and ability to work well in a team
- Have broad technical knowledge and experience working with applications that are built on current web, client/server technologies and MS SQL Server database environments.
- Experience in testing rich client applications in an n-tiered environment connecting to web services
- Experience in testing through the various stages of the development life cycle
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 07 3023 1069, quoting ref no. JO-1901-92970. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com