The role will provide advanced specialist technical development skills (predominantly Python) to develop new and upgrade existing development operations, continuous deployment, ETL and other data management tools in the area of spatial data management.
The role will work both independently and with others to develop a well-considered and appropriately structured library of modular capabilities that can be leveraged, extended and built into integrated on-premises/cloud data management tools and continuous deployment processes.
- Demonstrated experience with both Python 2.x and Python 3.x including migrations between versions
- Demonstrated experience designing, maintaining and building modular, reusable open source Python libraries
- Knowledge of containerized application development and deployment
- Provide specialist technical skills for the development of continuous deployment, containerized applications, and ETL tools through the use of common industry programming languages/technologies (primarily Python). These skills will be used predominantly across on-premises and cloud spatial data management environments
- Provide robust and well developed software and DevOps development skills
- Working knowledge of spatial data and web services concepts and software
- Work independently and/or within a team environment by interacting with staff and/or contractors on a project basis to ensure that objectives are completed in a timely, appropriate and effective manner
Within the context of the duties described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who:
- Esri system and API knowledge across database and web services (Python, .NET Server Object Extensions, Node and react.js)
- Familiarity with integration of spatial technologies into business and open data systems
- Sound understanding of modern development operations practices, such as continuous deployment and associated tooling
- Demonstrated practical experience in the programming and maintenance of web-based and modern object-oriented software.
- Demonstrates practical experience in the operation of GIS-based software including data manipulation, programming and cartography.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with a range of GIS users from expert to novice.
- Demonstrates analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates communication (written and verbal) liaison and negotiation skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience is the development of continuous deployment, ETL and other data management tools with proven skills in the following:
- Python 2.x and 3.x
- Containerized application development and deployment
- Software and DevOps development
- Open source Python libraries
- Minimum of one year experience in the development and support of geographic information technology systems with proven skills in the following:
- Solution Architecture
- System Architecture
- ESRI ArcGIS
- Requirements Analysis
- Database Design
- Software Engineering
- Spatial data and web services concepts and software
- Cloud spatial data management
- Degree Majoring in Geographic Information Systems, Information Technology or related disciplines from a recognised tertiary institution.
The Contractor will report to the Team Leader, Software A Spatial Systems Support.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 07 3023 1069, quoting ref no. JO-1901-92885. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com