Davidson are a preferred supplier for the government sector and have strong partnerships within local, state and federal government. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Manager - Financial Compliance to commence a temporary contract.
About the Role
The Manager Financial Compliance manages the financial compliance functions of West Moreton Health including month end, Tridata, year-end, asset accounting and financial compliance. This role has direct budget responsibilities of $1.4M. Further to this:
- Manage the preparation of general purpose financial statements in line with relevant legislation and accounting standards and coordinate external audit within specified deadlines.
- Manage month end accounting process and assist with preparation of the monthly Board Performance report
- Manage the preparation and submission of the quarterly and annual Tridata reporting for whole-of-government
- Maintenance of the general ledger
- Manage the asset accounting function including
- Management of bank accounts and general treasury functions including cash flow management and cash forecasting.
- Plan, lead and manage a team and achieve desired outcomes
To be successful for this role, you should have the following accountabilities:
- Ability to plan, lead and manage a team
- Ability to investigate and provide practical recommendations n relation to financial accounting and administration
- Preferably, experience in the government and private sector
- Have a calming influence in a time of change
- Highly reputable government department
- Up to 12 month contract with possible extension